Sadly, Oakland is yet another California city that has gone downhill due to difficult economic times and high crime rates. And even though this city enjoys Mediterranean climes with an average of 260 sunny days per year and stunning vistas of San Francisco Bay, on the flipside it suffers from horrible traffic congestion, poor air (the pollution index is 190-percent worse than the national average), and escalating crime, making it one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. The national crime rate in Oakland is a whopping 469-percent higher than the U.S. national average with gun-related crime at the top of the list.
10. Salt Lake City, Utah Nestled into the Wasatch Mountains of Utah and next to the Great Salt Lake, the beautiful Salt Lake City is a picturesque place to retire.
1. Oktoberfest “Oktoberfest Zinzinnati” takes place each year in late September and is the culmination of the city’s cultural history and love of the arts.
2. Ring in the New Year Hogmanay – as New Year’s Eve is known in Scotland – is a big date in everyone’s calendar, and nowhere in the UK does it bigger than Edinburgh.
8. Pai Built in a valley north of the bustling and popular city of Chiang Mai, the village of Pai is definitely worth the extra trip (even though you’ll have to endure a VERY windy road to get there).
10. Beacon Hill Park After breakfast it’s time for some more exploring and after seeing the city sights yesterday, today it’s time for some nature.
10. Playa Dominical Located on the southern pacific coast of Costa Rica, this sleepy laid back town boats some of the most consistent waves in this region.
10. Shopping in Charlotte What is a trip without some shopping? From outlet malls to upscale boutiques; Charlotte is the perfect place for a little retail therapy.
9. São Miguel “the green island” São Miguel is an island that will offer you nothing short of paradise. Everywhere you look you’ll find something absolutely wonderful to capture your gaze; calm skies, velvet landscapes, powerful waters and volcanic earth.
1. Avalon Avalon nightclub is nothing short of an establishment in LA and celebs know that. The club consistently manages to pull huge names to the DJ booth—and to the floor.
10. The Franconia Ridge, New Hampshire This popular 9 mile loop traverses the three peaks of Mount Lincoln, Mount Lafayette and Little Haystack, and is manageable in a day.
10. Lisbon, Portugal Where else can you go out to eat, have a peaceful meal over a bottle of wine while your children are happily occupied in a “children’s only” zone in the restaurant.
1.Night on the Town Glaswegians’ renowned hospitality and friendly nature means a night out at the pubs, bars and clubs is an absolute must-do.
10. Water Filter Since water weighs a lot, you can’t carry more than a couple bottles on your back while hiking those long days.
1. The Beaches It cannot be contested that the beaches of Portugal are among the most incredible in the world and are among the country’s greatest highlights.
10. Cielo Looking for a unique spot to start your night out in San Jose? Head to Cielo, the rooftop bar atop the Valencia Hotel on the classy Santana Row for a night you won’t soon forget.