Asheville is probably one of the prettiest smaller cities in the southeast. Very culturally similar to Portland, Asheville has something that Portland doesn’t – disgruntled residents. They just don’t seem to be very happy that you’re there, unless you happen to fit a certain mold. The reasons are understandable – it’s a city that has become the “it” place for younger people across the southeast, which amounts to massive traffic and other stresses on a city that doesn’t have the ability to accommodate it.
5. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Whatever you are looking for in your retirement locale, from downtown living to a planned community, Myrtle Beach has what you need.
6. Riverwalk Looking to keep fit, or maybe just wanting to enjoy some scenery? The Riverwalk is a 4 mile trail from Cincinnati to Kentucky. Parallel to the waterfront, the trail boasts wonderful gardens, water features, artwork and more.
7. Princes Street Gardens Running almost the full length of Princes Street in the city center, and sandwiched against the castle are the gardens.
5. Explore the Streets Some of the best times you can have in a new city are had while just out walking and exploring the streets.
5. Salsa Brava, Puerto Viejo The waves of the Caribbean can be fast and dangerous, making Puerto Viejo an excellent place to surf.
5. Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden Looking for a place to relax and unwind after some of our more high energy destinations? Pay a visit to some of the most lushes flowers and fountains found at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden.
5. São Jorge You can distinguish the island of São Jorge by its oblong shape, volcanic ridges and backbone of beautiful mountain range; complete with a great view of the four other islands in the central group of the archipelago.
5. One for the Road Apparently this one happens a lot: people leaving the airplane try to get some snacks and beverages (even alcoholic ones) for the road.
3. Chateau Marmont Relax with stars and local Angelenos alike in the classic Chateau Marmont bar.
5. Enchanted Valley, Washington A round trip hike through the famous valley is over 20 miles in total, and is definitely one to take on when time isn’t an issue.
5. London, England Harry Potter, Paddington Bear, Marry Poppins, Peter Pan; where else in the world can parents and kids alike discover the birthplace of such classic childhood characters but London, England.
6. Explore the West End Perhaps the most visually beautiful area of the city, you can spend hours wandering through the relaxed yet bustling streets.
5. Invest in a Good Tent Getting a decent night’s rest is important when you’re hiking all day every day, so investing in a good quality tent is important.
6. Sea Excursions Portugal offers water excursions like nowhere else. You will never forget the experience of absolute tranquility while watching the elegance of wild dolphins swim by in perfect serenity in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
5. Zeitgeist With over 40 beers on tap and a giant outdoor patio with a heated patio, this no nonsense beer garden on the corner of Valencia and Dubcoe never disappoints.